A naturally unblemished smile is a rare thing, indeed. The fact is, most people have something about their smile that they would like to improve. If you can relate to this sentiment, you have a number of options for obtaining your desired cosmetic appearance. One of the most versatile treatments used to transform teeth today is porcelain veneers.
Veneers are cosmetic teeth covers that are designed for you by your Covington dentist, Dr. Carrington. These sheaths of lifelike, durable material are attached to the fronts of your natural teeth to make them appear more attractive. To achieve the exact look that will best complement your lips and your facial features, a great deal of attention is given to the tiniest details. Size, shape, and shade are just a few of them.
What veneers can do for your smile
One of the reasons that porcelain veneers are so popular is because they can be used in a multitude of different situations.
- A veneer can be placed to cover a stain or white spot on a tooth, that cannot be bleached.
- Two veneers may be created to the perfect proportions and cover a gap.
- Cracks, chips, and other enamel damage, or even naturally uneven tooth surfaces can be masked behind veneers.
- Too long or too short? Change the appearance of length with veneers.
- A veneer can be placed over a tooth that is turned to make it appear straight.
- Structure can be reinstated to teeth that have worn down over time.
Like natural enamel, veneers made from porcelain reflect light and appear translucent. Unlike natural enamel, veneers resist staining. However, patients are encouraged to maintain their veneers with good oral care habits.
If only a few veneers are needed, we may suggest teeth whitening before the procedure in order to give the smile a boost in brilliancy to enhance beauty even more. Only two dental visits are needed to complete the process, and veneers can remain structurally sound for years with proper care.
Are you ready to reveal your best smile to the world? We are ready to help. Schedule a visit with Dr. Carrington by calling Smile Creations at (770) 786-2754.